After months of planning, we’re pleased to welcome you to our brand new (and improved) website! The site features our new colourful, contemporary branding and logo courtesy of local Ottawa design firm, Cinnamon Toast.
The open-book graphic breathes new life into the classic teal that FOPLA has used from the start, a colour that we share with the Ottawa Public Library itself. By re-imagining our teal and adding bright pops of secondary colour, we’ve achieved a distinctive look that still pays tribute to the Ottawa Public Library.
Those pops of colour are featured all over the new website, which is as much about functionality as it is form. Designed by Ottawa firm Ignitus Marketing Arts, it includes a range of functional changes designed to deliver an intuitive, user-friendly experience that will allow you to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here are just some of the features we’d like to highlight:
- Increased accessibility and functionality across desktop, mobile devices, and tablets;
- Online volunteer application forms are submitted directly on the site, as well as new appointment request forms for donating used books and browsing the stacks at our distribution facility;
- Easy-to-find information on all our sales, events, and details on how you can get involved with FOPLA;
- An online store that allows you to purchase copies of our pot-pourri youth-writing anthology;
- Keep up to date with all that’s on offer from FOPLA by checking out our blog posts, subscribing to our newsletter, or following our social media channels.
What do you think?
Our new website and branding are two powerful tools to help us grow our efforts to support Ottawa’s public library system. If you believe in the importance of literacy and lifelong learning in your community, have a look around! There are many ways to get involved with the Friends.
We hope you enjoy the new look and feel of FOPLA, and we’d love to hear your thoughts. Send us an email at email@example.com or call 613-580-2424 x14383.
You can also share the news about our great new site using the social share buttons below.